Waterman Steamship Building
- Professional Preventative Maintenance
- Provide Building Owner Mechanical System Guidance and Consultation
Historical Commercial Office Building
Improving Equipment Reliability Maximizes Tenant Comfort
In 2017, the Waterman Steamship Building was bought by Darryl Smith, an out-of-state commercial building Owner/Manager, with plans to lease Class A office space and the first historic building he has owned. While major renovations had already taken place, most of the built-up Carrier (2 – 150 ton water-cooled Chillers and Air Handling Units) HVAC mechanical systems were the original systems installed when the building was constructed in 1947. These systems were another "first" for the Darryl, but was assured the mechanical system’s integrity was reliable and operative for many more years.
Darryl soon realized maintaining and repairing the building’s Mechanical Systems required a specialized level of expertise due to the equipment age and operating intricacies. The building’s tenants were becoming displeased due to discomfort caused from high humidity and irregular temperature swings. At one point, the major mechanical equipment components appeared to be irreparable and Darryl was possibly facing a substantial investment in upgrading the building mechanical systems.
- Unpredicable Building Environmental Conditions
- Unreliable Mechanical Systems
- Major Investment Replacing Mechanical Systems
- Finding a Qualified Mechanical Systems Service Provider
- Repair all leaking circulating pumps and failed chilled water actuator valves
- Repair and install fill tank valve and air bleed tube
- Set proper humidity and temperatures for a Class A office environment
- Educate and provide guidance to building Owner on Mechanical Systems operations
The now-named Waterman-Smith Building, is operating with a more reliable HVAC Mechanical System, providing better control of the humidity and temperatures in the office spaces for existing and future tenants. Star Service has partnered with Darryl Smith to provide an on-going Customized Professional Maintenance Program. Star Service also provides building performance feedback and mechanical systems guidance and consultation under this program.